January 11 "These have no root" (Luke 8: 13). My soul, examine yourself this morning by the light of this text. You have received the Word with joy. Your feelings have been stirred, and a lively impression has been made. Remember that to receive the Word in the ear is one thing, but to receive Jesus into your soul is quite another. In the parable, the seed in one case fell on ground having a rocky bottom covered over with a thin layer of earth. When the seed began to take root, its downward growth was hindered by the hard stone. Therefore, it used its strength in pushing its green shoot up as high as it could. But having no inward moisture derived from root nourishment, it withered away. Is this my case? Have I been making a fair show in the flesh without having a corresponding inner life? Good growth takes place upward and downward at the same time. Am I rooted in sincere allegiance and love to Jesus? If my heart remains unsoftened and unfertilized by grace, the good seed may germinate for a season; but it must ultimately withter, for it cannot flourish on a rocky, unbroken, unsanctified heart. Let me dread a godliness as rapid in growth and as lacking in endurance as Jonah's gourd. Let me count the cost of being a follower of Jesus. Let me feel the energy of His Holy Spirit, and then I will possess an abiding and enduring seed in my soul.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

전도서 5장 설교 / 내가 깨닫게 된 것은 하나님께서 사람에게 주신 생애 동안 해 아래에서 먹고 마시고 열심히 일해서 보람을 얻는...

찬송: 예수 귀하신 이름 / 성경 읽기: 창세기 23장, 마태복음 22장, 사도행전 22장 / 설교: 사라의 죽음, 성령의 보증 ...