"Thou art weighed in the balances and found wanting" (Daniel 5: 27). It is well to frequently weigh ourselves in the scales of God's Word. You will find it a holy exercise to read daily some psalm of David. As you meditate on each verse, ask yourself, "Can I say this? Have I felt as David felt? Has my heart ever been broken on account of sin, as his was when he penned his penitential psalms? Has my soul been full of true confidence in the hour of difficulty? Do I take the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord?" As you read ask yourself how far you are conformed to His likeness. Endeavor to discover whether you have the meekness, the humility, the lovely spirit which He constantly displayed. Then, read the epistles to see whether you can go with apostle in what he said of his experience. Have you ever cried out as he did--"O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death" (Romans 7: 24). Have you seemed to yourself the chief of sinners and less than the least of all saints? Could you join with him and say, "For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain" (Philippians 1: 21). If we thus read God's Word as a test of our spiritual condition, we will have good reason to stop many times and say, "Lord, give me true penitence. Give me real faith, warmer zeal, and more fervent love. Make me more like Jesus. Let me no longer be found wanting when weighed in the balances of the sanctuary, lest I be found wanting in the scales of judgment."

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

찬송: 예수 귀하신 이름 / 성경 읽기: 창세기 23장, 마태복음 22장, 사도행전 22장 / 설교: 사라의 죽음, 성령의 보증 ...

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.